Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Well, here goes nothing...

This is a blog by a woman who happened to find her soulmate at the age of 38.  He is actually someone that grew up in my neighborhood and went to my high school.  We were friends back then...never dated.  We reconnected four years ago after I moved back to our home state.  I had gotten married briefly in my 20's after college, but divorced after three years.  I had spent the last ten years going to graduate school and working on my career.  He had recently gone through a divorce and was a single dad to three kiddos. 

When he and I began dating, no one was more surprised than the two of us.  We were both bruised, tired and certain that we would never find life-long love.  Our first date wasn't really a first date at all.  We had connected on facebook and had decided to meet for dinner to catch up.  It was supposed to be just a friendly reunion, but as I was sitting there looking at him....listening to him speak...I thought:  "Wow.  This guy is sweet, funny, thoughtful, handsome...why didn't I notice that in high school"?

After a week of talking and sending texts, we decided to have dinner again.  When he came to pick me up at my home, he walked in...grabbed me...and gave me the most romantic kiss of my life.  And there it began.

At first, the thought of dating a man with three young kids was frightening.  I didn't have children of my own and never really spent a lot of time around children.  How would this work?  Would I suck at it?  Would the kids hate me for some reason? I decided to not worry about all of that in the beginning.  Eventually, if I was lucky, I would meet the kids.  For time being, I would focus on my new love...

No comments:

Post a Comment